School board revises excise tax
Nov 12, 2012
McMinnville School Board revised its construction excise tax rates Monday night, increasing them by 4 cents per square foot for new residential construction and 1 cent per square foot for new non-residential construction. The changes will go into effect Jan. 1.
The district has assessed fees on building permits since 2008. An increase is allowed annually by the state, which establishes suggested amounts.
The new rates in McMinnville will be $1.11 per square foot on residential property and 55 cents for commercial or industrial, to a maximum of $27,000.
Thus far, the district has collected $536,000. The money can be used only for facilities and equipment.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3894)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3493)
• E. coli warning issued for river (2925)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2525)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2317)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1930)