McMinnville police make seven arrests
Sgt. Tim Symons said police are working to determine if there is a link between the suspects and multiple vehicle break-ins occurring last month. He said some of the suspects were from Yamhill County and others from Lane County.
* Sarah Dawn Colvin, 23, of 1925 S.E. Mulberry Court, McMinnville, charged with one count of possession of a controlled substance/methamphetamine; lodged on $7,500 bail.
* Arielle Elizabeth Cronin, 21, of Springfield, charged with one count of possession of a controlled substance/meth; lodged on $7,500 bail.
* Ronald Gordon Griffin Jr., 30, transient, McMinnville, charged with one count of possession of a controlled substance/meth and placed under a Washington County hold; lodged without bail.
* Dustin Lee Keith, 19, of 521 N.E. Sherman St., Sheridan, charged with one count each of first-degree theft by receiving and possession of a stolen vehicle; lodged on $15,000 bail.
* Justin Lyle Maul, 25, of 1509 NW. Third St., McMinnville, charged with one count of possession of a controlled substance/meth and placed under a Clackamas County hold; lodged without bail.
* Benjamin Edward Smith, 33, of Springfield, charged with a probation violation; lodged without bail.
* Aldo Alexander Trochez, 24, of Eugene, charged with one count of possession of a controlled substance/meth; lodged on $7,500 bail.
Charges were filed by police when each was arrested. A grand jury will review some of the cases.
Symons gave this account:
About 9 a.m. Monday, police got a tip about a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot shared by Carl’s Jr. and Subway on Southwest Booth Bend Road.
“A vehicle pulled into the lot and parked right in the middle,” he said. “Two guys got out and walked over to the Motel 6.
“The citizen who called said when they got out they each had a backpack that was full of stuff. The citizen was just concerned.”
Later, Symons said, officers stopped a vehicle occupied by Colvin, Griffin, Keith and Maul. During a search, suspected stolen property was seized, along with meth and meth paraphernalia.
One of the backpacks contained a Kindle Fire believed to have been stolen from Walmart, he said.
Officers determined parts from a stolen vehicle had been stashed at 20485 S. Highway 99W. At the location, they recovered parts from vehicle stolen in McMinnville.
“We received a report Dec. 11 of a stolen 1992 Honda Accord,” Symons said. Taken from a Northwest McMinnville residence, it was matched to the parts.
On Tuesday, officers conducted traffic stops on two separate vehicles in south McMinnville. During searches, they located heroin, meth, drug paraphernalia and $1,900 in cash.
Symons said Cronin, Smith and Trochez were arrested as a result of the stops. He said additional charges are pending in all of the cases.
Anyone with potentially relevant information is asked to contact Sgt. Cully Desmond or officer Jared Wiebold at 503-434-7307, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.