By Paul Daquilante • Staff Writer • 

Man charged in series of Mac assaults

Alexander Wade Robertson, 27, of 1151 S.W. Tall Oaks Court, was arraigned Tuesday in Yamhill County Circuit Court on four counts of fourth-degree assault and three counts each of harassment and strangulation. Assault and strangulation charges are Class A misdemeanors and harassment a Class B misdemeanor.

Judge John Collins explained the charges, telling Robertson he could be facing a significant amount of jail time. He then set bail at $25,000.

Sheridan attorney Elana Flynn stood in for Robertson’s court-appointed counsel, Mark Pihl of McMinnville.

She requested release on recognizance, based in part on a low risk assessment, as calculated by the pre-trial release office. She said one of the stipulations of a release agreement would be no contact with the 21-year-old victim.

Deputy District Attorney Lisa Kenn opposed a no-bail release, saying Robertson posed a serious threat to the victim, multiple incidents had occurred and his prior record includes both failure to appear and violation of post-prison supervision.

Collins cited the violent nature of the alleged crimes in setting bail of $25,000.

Sgt. Tim Symons of the McMinnville police gave this account:

The first incident occurred Friday, Feb. 22, but was not reported until four days later.

The victim said she and Robertson had been living together off-and-on. Following an argument, she said, he pushed her into a corner, placed her in a headlock and covered her nose and mouth, rendering her unable to breathe.

The second incident occurred Thursday, March 7.

She said she was getting ready to go out when they had another argument. She said Robertson punched her more than two dozen times.

When she went to the Willamette Valley Medical Center for treatment, the emergency room staff notified the police.

The third incident happened Sunday.

After an argument, she asked Robertson to leave. He grabbed her, threw her across the room, climbed on top of her and began choking her.

She again went to the hospital, where the police were notified.

“Officers were looking for him after the first two incidents,” Symons said. “He came back to the residence following the third incident, police were called and he was picked up.”

Symons said police always encourage the victim of a domestic violence incident to report attacks as soon as possible.

“We want to make sure people are as safe as they can be,” he said. “It’s unfortunate when things do not get reported as soon as they should.”

Robertson is due back in court at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11.

Web Design & Web Development by LVSYS