By Tom Henderson • Staff Writer • 

Council asked to hike transient lodging tax

Only online subscribers may access this article.

One-day subscriptions available for just $2. Subscribe online by clicking here.

Already a subscriber, please .



I'm all for a transient lodging tax depending on how the money is spent. I used to own a vacation rental in Cannon Beach and they were restricted to spending the money collected to promote tourism in support of local businesses. Maybe I missed it, but what rules govern how the tax monies are spent in McMinnville?



By ORS, TLT has to be spent; 70% to promote tourism, the other 30% is general fund dollars.

Web Design & Web Development by LVSYS