Candidates file for school, fire seats
However, voters will have at least one choice to make in three school districts and one fire district, as follows:
* In the McMinnville School District, Bill Bordeaux is challenging incumbent Tim Roberts for Position 1. Three people are seeking a Position 2 seat being vacated by Kathy Cabe — Robin Swenson, Nick Scyoc and Barbara Carter. Incumbent Stan Primozich is unopposed in Position 3.
* In the Newberg School District, James Gleason has filed against incumbent Todd Thomas in Zone 4. Incumbent Ron Mock is unopposed in Zone 1 and incumbent Jim Chogyoji is unopposed in Zone 5.
* In the Sheridan School District, newcomers Muriel Ablard and Terry Chrisman are vying in Position 5. Newcomer Michael Griffith has filed in Position 1 and incumbent Larry Deibel in Position 2.
* In the Amity School District, Ryan Jones and Trish Stephens have filed for a Position 1 seat being vacated by Craig Hudson. Incumbent Paul Dauenhauer in unopposed in Position 2 and newcomer Matthew Foertsch is unopposed in Position 4.
* In the Amity Fire District, J. Melvin Kelchner and Steve Rolston are squaring off in Position 2, John Scharf and Jim Anderson in Position 4 and Bryce Roberts and Thomas Crawford. The only candidate running unopposed is Ron Huber in Position 1.
The filing deadline was March 21. Ballots will arrive in voters’ mailboxes about May 1.
Other filings were as follows:
Chehalem Park — Three at-large positions, Peter Siderius, Mike McBride and Mike Ragsdale.
Dayton School — Position 1, Reba Stoller; Position 4, Greg White; Position 7, Yvonne Valdenegro Craig.
Dayton Fire — Position 2, James Ring; Position 3, Paul Lorenzen.
Dundee Fire — Two four-year seats, no filings.
McMinnville Fire — Two at-large seats, Steve Leonard and Bill Moore.
New Carlton Fire — Position 1, no filing; Position 2, Allen Sitton; Position 3, no filing.
Newberg Fire — Two at-large seats, Kathy Fitzgerald and Timothy Dietz.
Sheridan Fire — Position 4, Dennis Grauer; Position 5, Donald Cooley.
West Valley Fire — Position 2, Twila Hill; Position 4, Connie Crawford Lain; Position 5, Derrick Ivy.
Willamina School — Position 2, Clinton Coblentz; Position 3, Laurie Toney; Position 5, Linda O’Neill.
Yamhill-Carlton School — Position 1, Jami Egland; Position 4, Rick Yeo; and Position 5, Carol West.
Yamhill Fire — Position 1, Walt Larkin; Positions 2 and 4, no filings.