Yamhill to hold pedestrian safety drill
Jul 24, 2013
YAMHILL -- Police will conduct a pedestrian safety drill Friday, July 26, at the intersection of Highways 47 and 240 in downtown Yamhill.
A decoy will cross the street repeatedly between 1 and 5 p.m. Officers will be watching traffic to make sure drivers follow pedestrian safety laws by stopping to allow the decoy to cross.
The law requires drivers to stop from the time a person steps off the curb until he reaches the opposite curb.
This is the first of three pedestrian safety drills Yamhill Police are planning this summer, Chief Gordon Rise said.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3686)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3291)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2282)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2114)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1770)