Police identify victim of Jan. 3 crash on Highway 18
Jan 7, 2014
GRAND RONDE — Gabriel Trujillo-Hernandez, 33, of Springfield has been identified as the pedestrian struck by a vehicle about 5 a.m. on last Friday on Highway 18 about four miles west of Grand Ronde.
He remains in critical condition at Salem Hospital.
The Oregon State Police gave this account:
Trujillo-Hernandez was a passenger in a vehicle driven by Lisa Dunnihoo, 31, of Eugene. They were traveling westbound and had stopped on the shoulder of the highway. The victim exited the car and was hit by Dunnihoo's vehicle.
West Valley Fire District personnel and OSP troopers responded. The Polk County District Attorney's Office is assisting OSP with the investigation. No enforcement action has been taken.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3802)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3420)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2419)
• E. coli warning issued for river (2374)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2249)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1874)