Police find no evidence of helicopter crash near Dayton
Jul 24, 2014
DAYTON -- Medics and police have confirmed that a helicopter seen flying low in the Dayton/Lafayette are did not crash, as a caller to 911 feared.
A caller driving toward Newberg about 1:30 p.m reported seeing a helicopter flying very low. Police and Dayton firefighters checked the area, but found no evidence of a crash.
They did locate an intact helicopter that matched the description.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Air quality deemed unhealthy (3913)
• What's that smell? (2781)
• Linfield survives Panthers' scare (2363)
• Bypass work full-bore (1576)
• Olympians run away from Grizzlies (1528)
• Salem considers sidewalk smoking ban (1498)