Police find no evidence of helicopter crash near Dayton
Jul 24, 2014
DAYTON -- Medics and police have confirmed that a helicopter seen flying low in the Dayton/Lafayette are did not crash, as a caller to 911 feared.
A caller driving toward Newberg about 1:30 p.m reported seeing a helicopter flying very low. Police and Dayton firefighters checked the area, but found no evidence of a crash.
They did locate an intact helicopter that matched the description.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Amity man reported missing (7241)
• Leaping ability (2008)
• Inmate recaptured after brief flight (1895)
• Sheriff's union endorses Casey (1770)
• Amity runs past Sheridan (1713)
• Bypass work full-bore (2)