Hill re-elected in McMinnville, Terp again Yamhill mayor, other city results
Yamhill County Clerk's Office released additional election results at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The voting now stands as follows:
* YAMHILL — Incumbent Paula Terp has defeated challenger Chuck Mitchell, 234 votes, or 52 percent, to 215 votes, or 48 percent.
Earlier, the two were tied with 159 votes each.
Terp was elected mayor for the first time two years ago after eight years on the city council. Mitchell served as mayor more than a decade ago and hopes to return to the position.
* McMINNVILLE — In the race for McMinnville Ward One council seat incumbent Scott Hill has defeated political newcomer Nicholas Scyoc. With only a few ballots remaining, the count is now 1,714 to 996, or 63 percent to 37 percent.
Scyoc, a veteran, is set to graduate from Western Oregon Universtiy with a degree in policy administration and an appetite for politics.
Hill, a banker, is finishing his second term on the council. He served on the city budget committee for several years before that.
* AMITY — Amity Mayor Michael Cape was on his way to returning to office for two more years.
He has 262 votes, as of 1:30 p.m. today. Trailing far behind were Rudy van Soolen at 129 and Sharon Haggith at 105.
Cape, who has lived in Amity for 10 years, drives a school bus and substitute teaches in the private Santiam Christian school system, north of Corvallis at Adair Village. He also owns Abigail's Barbeque and Catering.
He served on the city council before being approved to serve out the remainder of Bob Wiro’s term of mayor when Wiro resigned in 2006. He was elected to a full four-year term in 2008.
Haggith has no political experience.
Van Soolen currently sits on the city council, but his term expires at the end of this year. He could possibly return by appoointment.
* DUNDEE — Jeanette Adlong, with 877 votes, and J. Randal Reddell, with 709, are winning re-election to the Dundee City Council.
Newcomer Tim Weaver also will be seated on the council, with 893 votes. Gabi Hinoveanu received 468 votes according to results released by the Yamhill County Clerk's Office at 1:30 this afternoon.
* LAFAYETTE — Four candidates are vying for three open council seats.
Incumbents Chris Pagella, with 538 votes, and Marie Sproul, with 575, are facing challengers Tim Hamel, with 479 votes, and Chris Harper, with 783. So Harper, Sproul and Pagella will be seated.
* WILLAMINA — In the race for a four-year term on the city council, Ila Skyberg had 414 votes from Polk and Yamhill County residents to Gary Hill's 305, Rita Baller's 265 and Allan Bramall's 256.
Skyberg, Baller and Bramall are the incumbents. It would appear Skyberg and Hill have secured seats on the council, but with ballots still outstanding, the race between Baller and Bramall is too close to call.
Corey Adams ran unopposed for mayor. He currently serves on the city council, so his seat will be filled by appointment, as will another open seat.