Grizzlies take down Sprague to advance
- Baseball, softball brackets released
- Mac baseball takes series from Spartans
- Mac baseball takes series from Glencoe
- Brosius, Smith shut out Century as Mac’s bats come alive
- Mac boys fifth at Jesuit Relays
- A full week of action for Mac
- Grizzlies extend winning streak to five games
- Mixed results for Mac baseball and softball over break
- Mac baseball blows out Aloha, softball beats Lakeridge
- Mac High’s Brosius signs with Beavers
May 27, 2014
By Robert Husseman
Of the News-Register
The McMinnville baseball team lives on in the OSAA Class 6A state playoffs at the expense of future Greater Valley Conference opponent Sprague.
Cameron Fox went 2-for-3 with three RBI, including a two-run inside-the-park home run in the fifth inning, as the No. 11 Grizzlies bested the No. 22 Olympians, 5-2, at the McMinnville baseball stadium at Patton Middle School.
Riley McAnally and Wyatt Smith combined on a seven-hitter, with Smith throwing two perfect innings for the save.
Kade Mechals, Jacob Bannister, and Zach Rhoads each had a hit for the Grizzlies.
McMinnville (20-7 overall) will host North Salem on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. The No. 27 Vikings pulled off an upset Monday against No. 6 Reynolds, winning 5-2. North Salem will also be a part of the Greater Valley Conference with the Grizzlies next season.
Barlow 11, McMinnville 1 (5)
GRESHAM -- The No. 29 Grizzlies' season came to an end at the hands of the No. 4 Bruins in the first round of the OSAA Class 6A state playoffs.
McMinnville finished its season with a 13-14 overall record.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Late effort falls short for Linfield (2182)
• Correction: Last week's editorial (1879)
• Season of Giving 2014 (1482)