Cultural Coalition awards grants
The recipients and their supported areas of focus are as follows:
* The Arts Alliance of Yamhill County, creative writing workshops.
* Chehalem Cultural Center, the Dia de Los Muertos family festival.
* Chehalem Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Tunes on Tuesday summer concert series.
* Friendsview Retirement Community, an art studio.
* Linfield College, traveling dory fleet exhibit and bilingual exhibit on the role Latinos play in the wine industry.
* McMinnville Downtown Association, public art at the city’s new transportation center.
* Start Making a Reader Today, books for school children.
* Valley Repertory Theater, theatrical production of stories about Newberg.
* Willamette Shakespeare, theater in an outdoor venue.
* Yamhill Enrichment Society, photo exhibit and historic Dayton house tours.
* Yamhill Watershed Stewardship Fund, environmental film festival.
The coalition’s mission is to increase cultural resources and opportunities. It raises some of its own funding and derives the rest from the Oregon Cultural Trust, which is supported by citizen donations.
For more information, call Setziol-Phillips at 503-843-3513.