Council to get good financial news Tuesday
A three-year forecast has become an annual feature as a leadup to the city budget process, which begins in May. And for a change, it is positive this year.
The council is scheduled to meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the McMinnville Civic Hall, 200 N.E. Second St., in informal dinner session. A regular business meeting is slated to follow at 7.
In other business, the council will:
* Host a special presentation to the McMinnville Police Department of its professional accreditation, officially granted earlier this month by the Oregon Chiefs of Police Conference.
* Hear an informational presentation on parks maintenance services, and review priorities in order to guide officials in making cuts in the event of a budget shortfall.
* Vote on an proposal that the city’s fiber-optic network be turned over the Water & Light.
* Award a contract for janitorial services. Current provider ABM Janitorial submitted the bid of $128,460, up from $111,639, because the amount of needed work is increasing in some high-use buildings.
* Review a request by the McMinnville Downtown Association for renewal of the Downtown Economic Improvement District.